If you have orthodontic braces, you know how difficult it can be to keep your teeth clean. Food has the tendency to become lodged between your braces, and some areas of your teeth are not as easily visible as they once were. While brushing your teeth doesn’t have to be difficult, you will have to change how you brush your teeth. Below are some tips to cleaning all areas of your mouth around your braces:
- Make sure to keep up the habit of attending your professional cleanings and oral exams with your dentist.
- Continue brushing your teeth twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing. This can loosen any debris that has gotten stuck in your braces.
- Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
- Brush your gumline at a 45-degree angle. Also be sure to brush all your teeth at the gumline and above and below the braces.
- Do not miss your regularly scheduled appointments with your orthodontist.
Our orthodontist at Spilsbury Orthodontics can craft you a customized plan to determine which orthodontics treatments work best for your needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Darrell Spilsbury, please call us at 702-434-0063 to speak with a member of our caring team in Henderson, Nevada. Let us help you keep your braces and your teeth in tip top condition!